Growing Power Farm National-International Urban & Small Conference 2012
Friday 09/07/2012 thru Sunday 09/09/2012
|Time:||8:00 am to 11:00 am|
|Cost:||Full Conference (Sept 7-9, 2012) - Early Bird 281.49 |
Full Conference (Sept 7-9th) - Early Bird Registration 204.99
One Day Conference-September 7th 184.59
One Day Conference - September 8th 184.59
One Day Confer
Wisconsin Exposition Center
Come to Milwaukee and help grow the good food revolution. Hosted by Growing Power-a national organization headed by the sustainable urban farmer and MacArthur Fellow Will Allen-this international conference will teach the participant how to plan, develop and grow small farms in urban and rural areas. This year's theme is " Growing the Good Food Revolution".
Sept 7-Sept 9th 2012
Early bird registration
Full Conference (Sept 7-9th 2012) until July 16th 2012 - $275, after July 16th the price is $350.
Special pricing for students : $200
Growing Power Hands-On Workshop
September 5th, 2012
Location : Wisconsin State Fair Grounds www.wistatefair.com
- Keynote speakers may include: First Lady Michelle Obama, Author Michael Pollan, NYU Professor Marion Nestle, Slow Food USA President Josh Viertel, Walmart Head of Grocery Jack Sinclair, Environmental Working Group Executive Director Ken Cook, New York Times columnist Mark Bittman and Chef Michel Nischan.
- Over 13 exciting tracks :
· Aquaculture/ Aquaponics
· Farmer's track -Urban & Small Farming
· Urban Agriculture
· Renewable Energy
· Corporate Companies, Governments, & Universities
· Medical- Food, Nutrition & Health
· Urban Planning -Architecture
· Food & Technology -Social Media & Communications
· Food Justice
- Find how social justice and food justice can be fostered through the local and regional farm system.
- Visit successful small farms in the Milwaukee metropolitan area.
- Enjoy food grown by local and regional farmers and prepared by local chefs!
- Over 3,000 participants expected with opportunities to network and mingle
- Exhibit hall available
Exciting Conference Tracks
5th Annual Growing Food and Justice Gathering
Saturday Night Sept 8th Chef's Reception
Enjoy delicious organic, natural and local sample dishes prepared by local chefs. Stations will be set up on the Saturday evening of the conference. Don't miss this great chance to taste some great culinary creations!